Resident Benefits Program
Starting in January 2022 we are adding a program to all new leases and renewals that includes some great benefits for you. The cost is $35/month and you can view the linked flyer for the features of the program. Please note that at this time this does not change your current lease and only applies to renewals or new leases signed after January 1, 2022. For more information about this program view our Resident Benefits Program Flyer.
Be on the lookout for this information on your next lease renewal. Our team will have more information on our website once everything is live!
100 Year Floodplain Disclosure
Another item that will be effective on January 1, 2022, is a new law that requires a leasing disclosure concerning whether a property falls in a 100 Year Floodplain. The document will be included in all new leases and renewals and can be viewed in the sample lease that will be updated on our website by the 1st week of January in the Tenant Resources section.
If the property you lease has a home warranty we are required to process all maintenance requests through them for any items that are covered by that agreement. We are aware that these repairs tend to take longer than just sending a vendor, however, there is little we can do other than ask that you are patient throughout the process and communicate with us if you don’t hear from the vendor. Once you have the vendor info you can communicate with them to coordinate scheduling and follow-ups, and then relay to us when they have been to the property. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Maintenance for Your Home
We understand the are situations that can be frustrating when maintenance takes longer than expected, however, our team and vendors can sometimes be limited by the availability of supplies and materials. We want to assure you that we do our best to get work done as quickly as possible to accommodate your needs. With the limited labor and material supplies in Austin and around the country, some items can be challenging and be delayed for long periods. You can always check on a repair by calling the maintenance team at 512-617-6766 ext-5 or by filling out this form. Please only use these two methods when following up on an existing request. Submitting follow-up maintenance requests only slows things down.
Cold Weather Update
We recently sent out an email with some info and tips. If you did not see this message please locate it and review the info.
The City of Austin is giving out free weather kits, subject to availability, for anyone who lives within the service area. Here is a link to an article that discusses this program.
Holiday Lights & Decorations
If you put up any decorations and are located in a property that has an HOA please make sure to take those down in a timely manner to avoid HOA violations and fines.
Holiday Tree Recycling
COA will pick up your Christmas Tree curbside and anyone in their service area can check the tree recycling schedule. Anyone outside the COA service area should check with their solid waste provider to see if they offer curbside pickup, and not they can use the TDS link who will take the trees for free as well. You can see the info with this link if you’re outside the COA service area and your provider doesn’t pick up the trees for recycling- https://www.texasdisposal.com/christmas-tree-recycling/
Routine Maintenance Reminders
- Maintenance Requests: We still receive a lot of maintenance requests that state something vague like "washer" or "AC" without any other info about the actual issue. We cannot act on requests like this and will require that you provide more info, so any request like this will only delay a resolution to the issue. Make sure you provide as much info as possible in your request including pics if possible.
- Maintenance Portal: Please make a list of any items you want to submit, and then list all issues together as one request including as much info as possible and attach photos if applicable. We will then evaluate whether they should be split up or not.
- Smoke and CO Alarms: As a reminder don't ever unplug and remove smoke detectors because they are beeping. Change the batteries and if that doesn't work please notify us. We find a lot of tenants unplug them and bury them in a closet or drawer instead of replacing batteries.
- A/C Filters: Make sure to check and change every month or as required by the type of filter. If any HVAC systems in your home have a reusable filter you are still required to clean them periodically, so please make sure they are kept clean.
- Toilets: "Flushable" Wipes CANNOT be flushed. Do not put anything down the drains except water, human waste, and regular toilet paper. Food, toys, feminine products, wipes, towels, wrappers, condoms, and other objects do not break apart and go down the drain. Clogs of the plumbing system may be charged back to you, so it is best to avoid this by not putting anything down any of the drains aside from water and human waste.
- Disposal Systems: This includes using the sink disposal as a garbage chute. These appliances are not meant to dispose of large quantities of food and should only be used as a last resort after all food items are scraped off dishes into a compost bin or trash can.
- Drainage: Shower, bath, and sink drains can get clogged up over time with hair and other organic matter. Do not use Draino-type products as they are extremely acidic and will do more harm than good by damaging the pipes while usually failing to fix the drainage issue. The best way to address this is to use a disposable drain snake that can be obtained from any hardware store for a couple of dollars. Please note that if we send out a vendor for this and it turns out to be this very issue you may be charged back for the cost. Here is a video on how to use those - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOb4MJ6widg
- Emergency Maintenance: this extension should not be called unless you have an issue involving Flood, Blood, or Fire. Do not call the emergency line to follow up on existing work orders or submit a new request that is not an emergency. In case of an emergency call 911 if needed and then contact us after everyone is safe. Remember that we do not monitor emails after hours, so if you submit something considered an emergency online and do not call we may not know until the next business day.
Other Maintenance Notes:
If you'd like to inquire about, or update an existing request, submit the form at stoneoakmgmt.com/maintenance or call 512-617-6766 ext-5.
Maintenance time frames continue to be extended due to the pandemic. Please allow at least 5 business days before requesting an update from our team unless it is an emergency.
For basic DIY tips and tricks to solve some issues quickly, visit our DIY rental property maintenance page.
Your Tenant Portal & Electronic Statements
The system will generate a statement even if you're moving out, so there is no need to contact us if you receive this and are moving. All charges, including any prorated rent, will be adjusted as needed when the deposit is processed.
If you are not using the portal app that keeps you logged in please take a look at the linked flyer for more info. This can eliminate forgotten passwords, and help with easy updates/access to maintenance requests and all other account details.
AppFolio Tenant Portal Information